How many times have you explicitly given an assignment to a student and they come back the next week unable to replicate the teaching goals?
Having taught the violin for 20 years, this was a familiar scenario for me, and it led to the creation of the materials in the Teacher’s Toolkit collection from Music for Young Violinists. This resource will help students practice the correct way independently so they achieve optimal results with their hard work and home practice time.
This 40 page *eBook contains the following materials:
1- Nine Progressive Sight Reading Exercises + Five Step Approach to Teaching Sight Reading Chart
2- Eight Scales & Twinkles in the Keys of C & G, D & A, Bb & F, A & E Major (organized in pairs to teach correlating finger patterns)
3- Subdivision Worksheets & Practice Guides:
- May Song
- Dona Nobis Pacem (with fingerings & without fingerings)
- Concerto No. 2 in D Major, 3rd Mvmt., F. Seitz, (Measures 68-83)
- Concerto in D Minor, Mvmt. I, J.S. Bach
4- Composition, Third Position, Ring Tones, Visual Formatting, Solfège, High/Low 2nd Fingers, Rondo Form Puzzle & Staff Paper:
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star & May Song Comparison Worksheet
- Third Position Study Sheet
- Ring, Ring, Ring (Ringtone Study for Violinists)
- La Folia Theme
- Do-Re-Mi Song
- Study for High & Low 2nd Fingers
- Martini Gavotte Puzzle
- Staff Paper (5 Sizes)
* Please note this eBook is a digital download and no physical item will be sent. Once you order this collection, you will be re-directed to a link that allows you to download the Teacher's Toolkit and print it out from the convenience of home.